Margravial Opera House
Built 1744-1748, the Opera House is one of the few remaining 18th century theatre buildings in Europe. The interior of this theatre with its tiers of boxes, made entirely of wood, was designed by Galli Bibiena from Bologna. Margravine Wilhelmine was very involved in the theatre, writing plays, composing and acting, and was director of the court opera from 1737.
€ 5.50, conc. € 4.50,
Bayreuth ticket € 12.00, conc. € 10.00, combination ticket € 9.00, conc. € 8.00
April-Sept 9am-6pm, Oct-March 10am-4pm,
closed from autumn 2012