The elevated castle Posterstein with its 25 m donjon was first mentioned in 1191 and has been under suzerainty of the Reuss line since the end of the 13th century. In the 16th/17th century conversion to residence castle, restoration from 1984-91. Late gothic castle church with baroque wood carvings (1689). Museum since 1952. Exhibits and events throughout the year.
€3.00, conc. €1.50Opening hours
Mar–Oct Tue–Sat 10am–5pm, Sun/H 10am–6pm, Nov–Feb Tue–Fri 10am–4pm, Sat/Sun/H 10am–5pm, Ascension Day, 24+31 Dec,
1 Jan closed