Schieder place garden
With the castle’s construction in 1706 by Rudolf Graf zur Lippe Brake, a garden was laid out in baroque style extending across the parterre and three raised terraces. After substantial changes had been made to it over the passage of time, in 2009 the baroque garden was fashioned to incorporate its main original features. A 20-hectare-sized landscape park is situated north and east of the castle beyond two park extensions laid out in the 18th and 19th century, and it includes typical elements (streams, ponds, lawns, clusters of trees, isolated trees). Together with other historical buildings, the castle and park as a whole represent a significant architectural and horticultural monument.
car: destination Schieder-Schwalenberg,
train: Schieder station, S-Bahn connection from Hannover (airport and station)-Altenbeken-Paderborn;
airports: Paderborn/Lippstadt (PAD) und Hannover (HAJ)
accessible all the time