The Premonstratensian monastery of Schussenried lies in the midst of the Baroque countryside of Upper Swabia. The monastery, large parts of which were burned down in the Thirty Years' War, was rebuilt by the master builder Jakob Emele under Abbot Magnus Kleber from the middle of the 18th century. In 1875 it became the seat of psychiatric institution. Today the complex serves as an "Akademie- und Dienstleistungszentrum" (Academy and Service Center). The main attractions of the former monastery include the magnificently carved Baroque choir stalls of the parish church St. Magnus and the light-flooded Rococo library hall (Bibliothekssaal) in the northern New Convent Building (Konventsneubau).